The Director General directs the operations of the Research Institute according to the operational and performance targets set by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. Director General is Phd. Eero Helle.
The Management Group supports the Director General in his decision making. The Management Group deals with important and current issues in the individual units and the Research Institute as a whole.
Members of the Management Group
- Director General, PhD, prof. Eero Helle (Chairman)
- Vesa Ruusila PhD, Research Director
- Asmo Honkanen M.Sc.(Agr.&For.), Director, Customer Relationship Management
- Kimmo Kukkavuori M.Sc.(Tech.), Director, Organizational Development
- Riitta Rahkonen PhD, Head of Unit, Research and Expert Services
- Petri Heinimaa MA, Head of Unit, Aquaculture Services
- Lena Söderholm-Tana MA, Head of Unit, General Services
- Johanna Torkkel M.Soc.Sci., Communications Manager
- Tuula Pietilä M.Soc.Sci., Financial Manager
- Joanna Brady-Bister M.Soc.Sc., Human Resources Manager
- Olli Järvinen, Information Management Manager
- Juha Iivari, Production Manager, personnel representative
Sinikka Tainio-Markelin is the secretary of the Management Group.