|The Finnish Game and Fisheries Research Institute, Strategy 2016:||
The Finnish Game and Fisheries Research Institute, Strategy 2016
Natural resources are a fundamental source of well-being. The activities of the Finnish Game and Fisheries Research Institute support the National Natural Resources Strategy. Targets have been set for the effectiveness of activities conducted under the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. For its part, the Institute pursues these targets by promoting the sustainable and diverse use of animal natural resources .
The key task of the Research Institute
The Finnish Game and Fisheries Research Institute is a research and expert organisation. As such, it produces reliable information and solutions for society's decision-makers, businesses, non-professionals in the field and other actors, as well as citizens interested in the sustainable use and care of animal natural resources.
We produce information and solutions in the following areas:
- Sustainable use and vitality of the game and fish stock
- Sustainability and competitiveness of livelihoods in the sector
- Integration of the use and protection of fish and game stock
- Maintenance of the genetic diversity of endangered fish populations
The strategic intent of our operations
In our activities, we proactively respond to policy, economic and recreational needs associated with the fish, game and reindeer industries, in a customer-oriented manner. Our research and expert services are of high scientific level and well networked, both nationally and internationally.
We perform key tasks through the following means
- Reliable and broad-ranging fish and game stock assessments, follow-ups and statistics
- Science-based, client- and solution-oriented R&D and expert services
- Skilful and effective aquaculture
- Active cooperation and networking
Key strategic areas of development
- Focusing on key tasks associated with our research and expert activities
- Increasing our client-orientedness
- Developing the Institute's management and practices